Job Position: Registered Nurse
Location: Oakland, CA
Duration: 14 Weeks Contract
Shift: 07:00 AM - 07:30 PM
- Admitting and assessing patients.
- Patient monitoring: Monitoring vital signs, symptoms, lines, drains, and tubes.
- Administering medications and treatments.
- Operating and tracking medical equipment.
- Running and ordering tests.
- Coordinating care with physicians and specialists.
- Charting patient progress and procedures.
- Cleaning and dressing wounds.
- Post-operative care: Providing post-operative care.
- Assisting with admissions and discharges.
- Assisting with patient ambulation.
- Consulting with nurse managers, physicians, and other members of the care team.
- Changing dressings.
- Inserting catheters.
- Starting IVs.
- Reporting adverse reactions to medications.
- Required: ACLS, BLS.
- 3 years minimum experience required.
- Will need to work occasional weekends. No on-call.
- Medical/Religious Exemptions Only
- Active nursing license.
- Proven experience as a med surg nurse.
- Excellent knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize patient care.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to work different shifts and weekends.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or related field.
- Certification in med surg nursing.
- Continuing education in nursing.
- Experience with electronic medical records (EMR) systems.
- Experience with patient assessment and care planning.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment